- Order Now
The GenEdit™ site-directed DNA mutagenesis kit employs the most versatile and powerful technology available today. It is designed to facilitate direct mutagenesis of plasmids up to 50,000 base pairs without sub-cloning. This technology requires amplification of only the mutagenesis target region, not the full plasmid.
The procedure involves two modular units. The first unit is a series of biochemical reactions that can be completed in one day. The second unit involves cloning the final PCR product from the first unit into your target plasmid using conventional cloning into restriction sites. Under optimal conditions, both modular units can be finished in 4-5 days.
For smaller plasmids, our EZ-Mutation™ site-directed DNA mutagenesis kit uses a faster approach, but requires the amplification of the full target plasmids.
- Catalog #: 201321, 201322, and 201323 for 8, 16, and 24 reactions respectively.
- Kit size: 8, 16, or 24 reactions.
- Maximum target plasmid size: Up to 50 kbp.
- Maximum insertion mutation size: Up to 100 bp in any combination.
- Maximum deletion mutation size: Up to 10,000 bp.
- Unique restriction sites requirements: Required for final cloning.
- Minimum distance between selected cloning restriction sites: 150 bp.
- Minimum amplicon size: 150 bp
- Maximum amplicon size: 12,500 bp.
- Optimal amplicon size: 500-4,000 bp
- Chemical competent cells: FBT5α Supper Competent cells with minimum 1 x 109 cfu/1µg pUC18 plasmid.
- Fidelity: > 99.9% in the target plasmid backbone, and >97% within the mutagenesis region using 1 kbp amplicon.
- Polymerase: proprietary FBT HotStart High Fidelity DNA polymerase.
- Storage temperature of E.Coli cells: -80C
- Storage temperature for kit reagents: -20C in a non frost-free freezer.
- Shelf life: 1 year from date of receipt.
- 0% Error in the backbone of the target plasmid: only the mutagenesis target site is subject to DNA polymerization during PCR.
- Convenience: all key reagents are premixed and distributed in single reaction tubes, ready for reaction.
- Speed: Save weeks or months by avoiding subcloning procedures..
- Cloning vectors are not required: Most mutagenesis projects involving large genes or plasmids require cloning a section of the original plasmid into smaller cloning vectors. GenEdit™ does not require any cloning vectors.
- No special E. Coli strains are needed: This gives you the flexibility to use any transformation cells of your choice. FBT Super Competent cells are shipped with the kit.
- Sub-cloning procedure is not required: Most mutagenesis projects involving large genes or plasmids require cloning a section of the original plasmid into smaller cloning vectors. GenEdit™ does not require any cloning vectors.
- Targeted DNA Polymerization: DNA polymerization is limited only to the mutagenesis target site, not the full gene or plasmid under investigation, removing the need for full sequence verification.
- Simple protocol: Easy to follow instructions for both the novice and seasoned researchers. It takes only a few minutes to set up each reaction steps.
- Unlimited free technical support