- Order Now
The EZ-Mutation™ site-directed DNA mutagenesis kit employs the simplest and fastest technology available to introduce a wide variety of mutations into small plasmids. It supports plasmids up to 12 kbp without the need for sub-cloning or the availability of unique restriction sites. This technology requires the amplification of the full target plasmid; therefore, we recommend it for plasmids smaller than 6.0 kbp. For medium and large plasmids we recommend using our GenEdit™ kit (Cat# 201321 to 201323).
- Catalog #: 201304, 201305, 201306 for 6, 16, and 24 reactions respectively.
- Kit size: 8, 16, or 24 reactions.
- Maximum Target plasmid size: Up to 12 kbp, recommended for 6.0 kbp.
- Maximum insertion mutation size: Up to 100 bp in any combination.
- Maximum deletion mutation size: Up to 10,000 bp.
- Unique restriction sites requirements: Restriction sites are not required.
- Polymerase: proprietary FBT HotStart High Fidelity DNA polymerase.
- Storage temperature of E.Coli cells: -80C
- Storage temperature for kit reagents: -20C in a non frost-free freezer.
- Shelf life: 1 year from date of receipt.
- Fastest mutagenesis method: It involves a single inverse PCR reaction followed by transformation to obtain mutant clones within 2-3 days.
- Convenience: all key reagents are premixed and distributed in single reaction tubes, ready for reaction.
- Cloning vectors are not required: Most mutagenesis projects involving large genes or plasmids require cloning a section of the original plasmid into smaller cloning vectors. EZ-Mutation™ does not require any cloning vectors.
- No special E. Coli strains are needed: This gives you the flexibility to use any transformation cells of your choice. FBT Super Competent cells are shipped with the kit.
- Cloning, sub-cloning or restriction sites are not required: Your mutations will be introduced to your plasmid by a set of mutagenic primers.
- Targeted DNA Polymerization: DNA polymerization is limited only to the mutagenesis target site, not the full gene or plasmid under investigation, removing the need for full sequence verification.
- Simple protocol: Easy to follow instructions for both the novice and seasoned researchers. It takes only a few minutes to set up each reaction steps.
- Unlimited free technical support